Everyone is fond of displaying their favorite pictures on the shelf in the living room. However, for some due to space constraint this causes a messy look and for some due to lack of ideas on how and where to display the pictures, it turns out to be awkward. Here are ten basic tips on how to create an amazing space in your living room and get to share all your beautiful memories with your guests.
1. Stick to the basics – If you are doing this for the first time then go with a black and white theme. Hang your picture frames that are black in color, if your walls are white. You can also display a few black and white pictures which will give a classic look.
2. Think different – Incase if you don’t have an entire wall to display your collection then choose a corner that has two walls. Divide your photos across both the walls. This will give a different look to your living area and the display of picture will look unqiue.
3. Some people like artistic looking display for their living rooms. So all those individuals who want to go with hanging old posters and movie tickets along with a few post card images. This will work wonders for their display section.
4. The latest trend of colors is the Shades of pastels that tend to attract the eye. So see to it that your photo frames are painted in several playful pastel colors. These colors look the best if they are placed against a white background.
5. If your walls are painted with a brighter and lively shade then create an outline for all the frames and chose white color to do that. Place your photographs in that white frame which will make the living room look more spacious.
6. Remove all the old flowery frames from the attic and then create a vintage photo gallery. Decide on oval or square shapes frames that gives a vintage touch and place them against a pink wall.
7. You can also stick your photos directly on the wall rather than framing them which has become an old fashion. Use the decorative tapes to stick the pictures on the wall.
8. If you want to keep things simple then you can just stick pictures or the slogans you want to display on the wall and leave them as it is.
9.Different shapes and sizes of the frames with different colors would give it a funky look. This could cover your entire living room wall giving it an experimental look.
10. To make your photos eye catchy add neon shades here and there with little bit of pink. This effect will make your frames look lively and attractive.
Try to make the display of pictures look as if it a part of living room which means it should not stand out. The theme of the display picture should blend with your living room upholstery.